Scholarship applications are completed online. For the 2018-19 academic year, follow this link to start your online application: APPLY
All applications (undergraduate and graduate) must be submitted by midnight on April 18, 2018.
- Scholarships are for study at a two-year or four-year accredited higher education institution
- Scholarships are for full-time college or university enrollment only (for most schools, this means 12 credits or more per semester)
- The NHF does not advocate attending for-profit schools (local examples include Lincoln Technical Institute, Berkeley College (in NY and NJ), University of Phoenix, and Post University
- Final award is contingent upon proof of admission
Eligible applicants must be:
- A Norwalk public housing development tenant in good standing with the NHA at time of award (Section 8 residents are not eligible)
- Currently living in an NHA development and have lived there for a minimum of one year
- A high school senior (or recent graduate) planning to attend college, current college student, adult student starting or returning to college, or graduate student
- Attending/planning to attend a vocational/technical, two-year or four-year accredited higher education institution
- In good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
All applicants must apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online: www.FAFSA.ed.gov. This should be completed before you apply.