- Scholarships are for study at a two-year or four-year accredited higher education institution
- Scholarships are for full-time college or university enrollment only (12 credits or more per semester)
- The NHF offers pre-college application consulting and assistance
- The NHF does not advocate attending for-profit schools (local examples include Lincoln Technical Institute, Berkeley College (in NY and NJ), University of Phoenix, and Post University
- Final award is contingent upon proof of admission and enrollment
Eligible applicants must be:
- A Norwalk public housing development tenant in good standing with the NHA at time of award (Section 8 residents are not eligible)
- Currently living in a NHA development and have lived there for a minimum of one year
- A high school senior planning to attend college, current college student or adult who has received their GED and returning to college, or graduate student
- Attending/planning to attend a vocational/technical, two-year or four-year accredited higher education institution full-time (12 or more credit hours per semester)
- In good academic standing (2.0 GPA or higher)
All applicants must apply for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online: www.FAFSA.ed.gov.
Applications for this year’s scholarship are now closed. Scholarship applications for the 2018-19 academic year will be available in February 2018.